- Tell us something about yourself, your background
My education background is in Culinary Arts and Interior Design/Drafting. Food and Conceptual Design has become my passion.
I possess a very well rounded work history. If it looked like fun… I did it!
- Tell us about the products you invented with a brief explanation
AppaDibbles: (Patent USPTO US8945658B2 Apple with Edible Filling”)
AppaDibbles is a healthy and sweet snack which takes the “old-fashioned” taffy apple to a higher level. The ooey-gooey goodness is on the inside with a beautiful sweet treat on the outside. When totally consumed…the only thing left is the stem!
I would like to see this product commercialized within the general and edibles markets.
The following are not protected as of today’s date:
- Safety-side Baby Crib: Simple mechanical design which eliminates the dangerous component inherent in the old dropside cribs which caused many injuries and deaths. ( Now out-lawed in the U.S.). Includes design feature which makes changing bed linens a snap.
- Granola maker for home use. Easy automated with delicious recipes. Please see additional projects.
- Never fold bed linens again!! A very simple mechanical design that would eliminate the need to ever told your bed linens again. You’ll look like a pro!!
- I have developed a healthy line of granola bars… “Crowbars” (acronym for corn rice oats wheat and barley) includes unique flavor combos.
- Hazelnut cocoa cranberry almond
- Lime Ginger Root
- Peanut butter raisin walnut
- Black strap and fruit
- Figgy Fiber
- Morning Piggy
- A childrens book entitled ” The Ugliest Dog” .. about my Chinese Crested Hairless Dog named Scarlette No’Haira. (RIP November 2020)
Currently final rewrite and illustration.
- How/Why did you start inventing. What set you off?
I was an over-the-road truck driver for more than a decade. Responsible for high dollar one of a kind items and US military freight. I had no real schedule because most loads were deliver ASAP. My sleep pattern was completely broken as was my circadian rhythm. Since then I have retired from the road as I was unable to do my job safely any longer and suffered bizarre seizures. However it took many years to heal this issue so in the meantime… I couldn’t sleep most of the time and for reasons unknown to me…my thoughts went directly to problem solving. Kinda bittersweet but hoping my ideas can help make life easier and healthier for others.
- How did you get from idea to finished product?
The only finished product at this point is my apple product- AppaDibbles. This product didn’t take long at all. I had the Culinary tools on hand…made a few and gave them to my friends. They loved them so I moved forward with decorating them with seasonal flowers and leaves, etc. using marzipan paste. Packaging was a little more difficult but found gift boxes on Amazon which work perfectly.
- Let us know of useful resources that helped you i.e. Books, websites, software etc
I’m working with a young man from North Carolina. Darryl Graham (LinkedIn) starting with Facebook ads beginning January 1st 2021. He is a true professional, creative and we’ll versed in marketing and P.R. Truly a blessing to me.
Find a great Patent Attorney. John Mortimer, partner at Wood/Phillips in Chicago, Illinois has been my attorney for quite some time. He’s supportive, resourceful and amazingly intelligent. He’s attentive and I know I can count on him.
Be careful with whom you share your ideas. Friends and family can be supportive, but sometimes not.
Ask the professionals for help. I watch business news, read a lot and search info regarding food companies of all sorts in hopes of finding organizations to help me commercialize Appadibles. I am steadfast in moving forward because I know my product is fantastic!!
- Website: Click HERE
Table of Contents
15% off - Use code GA15