- Tell us something about yourself, your background
I migrated to the US at the age of 15, graduated high school at the age of 16 and university at the age of 19. I majored in international marketing with minor in economics and foreign languages. During my professional career I have worked with several fortune 500 companies in roles of sales and sales leadership.
- How/Why did you start inventing. What set you off?
The passion for inventing has always been in forefront of my thoughts as I always seek to improve or invent products or services to improve their functionality or serve an area which is not being offered.
- Can you list the products you have invented with a brief explanation of each:
- Website that allows families to receive funds for their children’s birthdays to put towards education instead of short lived toys.
- Website that offers coupons from local merchants
- Indoor BBQ grill that works with power of steam cooking which is very healthy using your cooktop stove
- Instrument that allows cyclists to have frontal visibility while their head is down bicycling, this helps with neck pains and provides safety.
Finally the latest patented product is the Shaydee Umbrella which expands the shade area without sacrificing the seating space.
- How did you get from idea to finished product?
Shaydee Umbrella came to existence from personal need. As I spend time on the beach I noticed that the standard round umbrella was not providing shade to my entire body, especially when the sun was not directly over my head. The shade moves away as the sun rises and sets and either my leg or my head was in the sun. The idea started by throwing a towel in front of the umbrella to create a visor type device. I quickly discovered that if I have two visors, one in front pointing down facing the sun and one in the back, in the upward position the shade area exponentially increases.
I had my attorney perform a patent search and discovered that no one has created such design. I managed to obtain a utility patent in the US and a design patent in China.
- Website: Click HERE
15% off - Use code GA15